((Reposting 4/28/17 for perspective on our recent exchanges -kia))
The Interviewer Responds…
No… not THAT Christian…
Hi there all you wonderful people. My earlier POST on this brother’s BLOG answering questions for me a Christian Deconvert went so well and was such a success for civil and polite exchange that we decided it would be nice to do another. This time I will ask the questions and Dax of “The Infected Saint” will do the answering.
I’ve taken it easy on him, as you can see, and only included three questions to his six for me, but I have to admit they are a bit heavy, “Bang for the Buck” if you will.
Here they are, so why not tell me how he did in the comments below.
While you’re at it, if you are a believer in Jesus or a Christian of any stripe, why not take a crack at the questions yourself? I’m open to discussion and exchange, not always to arguments or debates, as one sided preaching monologues don’t do much for two way communication. Especially as I have probably heard, read or even repeated whatever you’re thinking of anyway in my 34 yrs as a Christian or the 25 yrs I spent in avocational ministry.
Honestly, I’m more interested in discussion and exchange that proselytizing these days, if you get my drift. So open up those minds and apply fingers to keyboards and show me what you got. Thx. -Kia
(((( Before we get to the questions and answers, I wanted to admit that while I have not changed his Words or Wording, I have taken the liberty in editing the Formatting of his answers for clarity, understanding and careful consideration. It has not been my intention with this ‘Reformatting’ to skew or misrepresent his answers in any way, but only to make them easier to understand, digest and consider. I apologize in advance for any offence this may cause. -KIA
And Brother Dax has a word of Disclaimer also that I wanted to pass on in fairness and transparency:)))
“Disclaimer: I write these answers from my personal experience and knowledge. I purposely leave out scripture references because I am not trying to build a case here. I understand many who read this do not give any credence to the bible as authoritative anyway. I do not write this apologetically as much as is humanly possible for me at least. I don’t have intentions of defending God or proselytizing anyone with this. I would like to do that, honestly, in other discussions but below I am trying to answer as much as I can in a vacuum. “
((( And now… On with the Show )))
Hey there brother Dax
I got my questions together. I’m taking it easy on you 😉 only 3.
1) how did you become a Christian? (Please briefly tell your conversion story.)
2) would you say that it was evidence, historical/archaeological, that first convinced you that Christianity was true or did you just believe?
3) what, if anything, would convince you that the bible and or Christianity was false? (I’m not asking for a litany of reasons that you believe them to be true, but what would convince you that they are not true)
- “You would have to take away my personal experience in God’s revealing himself to me. You would have to take my wife away whom I married before our first date as God led me to her (long but cool story).
- You would have to show me proof that Jesus didn’t live or that he didn’t die and resurrect. You would have to show me that the scriptures were false. I am well versed in the Pseudepigrapha. I know there are other gospels and writings out there. But I know that the Canon has been shown to be consistent and well supported.
- It would take a lot for me not to believe. My faith centers around Christ. You would need to start there.”
Well brother, thx again for the opportunity to exchange ideas.
I’m looking forward to everyone else’s answers also. And if you have comments, questions or input for Dax on his answers, please feel free to Comment and Discuss below. I’m sure both Dax and I would love to hear from you.